The 501(c)3 AMCP Foundation, with a mission to advance medication-related research and education, seeks an intern to support our organizational branding and revenue growth goals. Intern will learn best practices in non-profit management, cause marketing, philanthropy and business development. Networking and interacting with stakeholders within the charitable sector, and within managed care pharmacy, will be encouraged. Internships for credit, for hourly wages or for a combination of credit/pay are possible. Interns will work on-site at the Foundation office in Old Town Alexandria, VA during summer 2017; a minimum weekly commitment of 30 hours is requested.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the execution of marketing and fundraising campaigns by creatively using social media, email, direct mail and other methods of outreach.
- Facilitate communications to giving circles; current, former and potential donors; and sponsors/partners.
- Assist in preparing internal and/or external communication pieces (i.e., newsletters and presentations).
- Develop market research related to specific target audiences, topics or grants.
- Assist in maintaining and updating database(s) of individuals, companies, donors and external contacts (i.e., patient advocates and bloggers).
- Collaborate on special projects.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Written and oral communication
- Ability to complete projects in a timely, efficient and high-quality manner
- Administrative (ability to use MS Office Suite essential)
- An interest in pharmacy, health care or related topics
- Positive attitude
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree in progress.
- Preferred Majors: Marketing; communication; public relations; business; management or non-profit management; liberal arts; science; pre-pharmacy; pre-medicine; public health.
Moderate noise levels, which are typical in an office environment, and sitting about 80% of the time.
Minimal local travel in the metropolitan D.C. area to attend assigned meetings or events. Expenses related to assigned meetings or events will be reimbursed.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
AMCP Foundation reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in anyway the association desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at-will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.