How do I contact AMCP for specific information?
Many areas of the AMCP website contain links to the appropriate contact person for specific information. You may also use the “Contact Us” link in the upper right corner of the AMCP homepage or you may call us at 1.800.827.2627 and the receptionist will direct you to the appropriate person who can respond to your inquiry.
How do I find contact information for other AMCP members?
You can obtain the most current member contact information on the AMCP website using the online “Membership Directory” located within the Login bar on the homepage. The directory is restricted to members only. Not yet a member? Click here to Join!
How do I purchase AMCP publications?
Contact the AMCP Member Services at 1.800.827.2627 to purchase AMCP publications.
How do I log into the website for the first time? Note: For Current and Past Members
- On the login page, under username type your AMCP member ID number
- For password, type your last name
- At this point, you will be prompted to reset your password for security purposes.
How do I find out my ID number? / What if I have never received my ID number?
Initially, new members should receive a mailed welcome kit with their membership card within two (2) weeks. If you have misplaced your membership card, please send an email to email@example.com to obtain your ID number and request a new membership card.
What if I have forgotten my password?
From the login page, you can click “Forgot your Password” or just click here. You can enter your email address or username. If a record of your email address is found, you will be sent an email with a link to reset your password. If our records do not have your current email address or your email address has changed, you will need to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-827-2627 with a correction prior to accessing the link.
How do I retrieve my Login information if I have not yet received it?
If you have successfully created your profile, an email confirmation was sent to your inbox. Please check your spam folder(s) for it may have been sent there. If there is no email confirmation, please contact AMCP Member Services at email@example.com or you may use the “Contact Us” link in the upper right corner, select “Trouble Logging In.”
How do I update my AMCP profile?
- From the homepage, click “Login”
- Enter your username and password
- Under “Take Action” click “Update My Profile”
How do I Register/Sign Up for AMCP Mailings?
This is for non-member access to the AMCP Learning Center, E-Commerce, JMCP eTOC, etc. You will also receive periodic communications. Members or former members do not need to register or signup.
- On the AMCP homepage, click “Sign Up for AMCP Mailings (non-members only)”
- Complete the profile information to create your profile. Be sure to click “SAVE” to finalize your changes.
- You will receive an email with your username and password. Check your spam filter and/or firewall settings if you experience a delay in delivery.
What benefits do I receive as a member?
- All members receive our monthly electronic newsletter AMCP Monthly News, the Journal of Managed Care Pharmacy, which provides CE opportunities, and the Legislative/Regulatory Briefing monthly publication.
- The AMCP Daily Dose delivered to your inbox weekday mornings.
- Members receive a substantial discount off registration rates for AMCP annual meeting in the Spring and AMCP's Fall conference which offer numerous CE and networking opportunities.
- Leadership opportunities through AMCP’s committees and task forces. Committee involvement provides an opportunity and voice in the direction of managed care pharmacy.
- Comprehensive legislative and regulatory updates and alerts; plus exclusive access to AMCP's member-only Health Care Reform sectionAnd much more... click here to review a more in depth listing of AMCP member benefits.
What are the membership categories and rates?
Information on AMCP membership categories and rates can be found at http://www.amcp.org/MembershipCategories/
How do I obtain a receipt for my membership?
Those joining or renewing online should receive an auto-generated receipt confirmation via email in addition to a confirmation page at the end of the process. To obtain receipt copies; click on the “Contact Us” page at the top right hand corner of the website and select “membership payment receipts” on the submission form. A receipt will be provided thereafter by a staff person in the Membership Department.
I recently graduated from school. How do I upgrade my membership?
- When renewing your membership, you have the option to upgrade your membership.
- From AMCP’s homepage, click “Login”
- Enter your username and password
- Click “Join/Renew”
- Select the "renew" link on the Gateway Page to upgrade your membership.
How do I reinstate my membership?
- If your membership has lapsed and you would like to reinstate:
- From AMCP’s homepage, click “Log In”
- Enter your username and password
- Click “Join/Renew”
- Select the "reinstatement" link on the Gateway Page to reinstate your membership.
How do I become an AMCP Visionary?
A member who recruits one to three new members is recognized as an AMCP Visionary. Those who bring in four to seven new members are recognized at the Sapphire Level; eight to 14 referrals at the Ruby Level; 15 to 24 referrals at the Emerald Level; and those with 25 or more referrals are recognized at the Diamond Level. More information on the Visionary program can be found at http://amcp.org/VisionaryProgram.
I am a corporate member, how do I login?
All designated Corporate Member Contacts and Corporate Member Representatives have member’s only access to the AMCP website. For company dues payments, one must login under the primary corporate contact designated by your company. If you need your log in information or further assistance, please click here to retrieve your log in information or contact AMCP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The online registration system for AMCP meetings is not recognizing me as a member.
There could be a few reasons why the registration system is not recognizing you as a member.
- You started the online registration process, but decided you wanted to join or renew your membership before completing the registration process, i.e., to get the lower member rate. The online registration system, however, does not allow you to change your registration type once you have started the process, and thus will not recognize you as a member. Please contact AMCP Member Services at email@example.com to have your registration type updated.
- If you are unsure of the status of your membership, contact AMCP Member Service at 800-827-2627 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I register for meetings if I do not have an ID number?
You do not need your membership number to register for an AMCP meetings. To register, you will use your first initial and your last name. You will then be able to select your profile if it's in the AMCP database. If you do not have a profile in the database you can select the option to register as a non member. If you still would like your ID number, please send an email to email@example.com. We can also provide a new membership card upon request.
POSTER ABSTRACT SUBMISSION FAQs
Does AMCP accept encore abstracts?
AMCP does not accept poster abstracts or posters that have been presented or published in a previous AMCP program or any other forum prior to the meeting.
Does AMCP accept late-breaking abstracts?
AMCP does not accept late-breaking poster abstracts at our national meetings.
Can an author submit more than one abstract on the same topic?
AMCP does not accept multiple poster abstract submissions that address the same topic or are based on the same data source. Submission of multiple abstracts that address the same topic or are based on the same data source may result in all of your abstracts being rejected.
Does AMCP accept poster abstracts based on phase 3 trials?
AMCP does not accept poster abstracts describing phase 3 trials or unapproved agents.
Do I have to pay registration in order to present my poster?
If your poster is accepted, you will be responsible for your own meeting registration fee and travel. Active members of AMCP are eligible to register at the discounted member rate. Special discounted rates also are available for student members and resident/fellow/graduate members.
Do I have to be an AMCP member to submit a poster abstract?
No. All submitters are encouraged to apply for membership in the association. Poster abstracts may be submitted by individuals currently working in a managed care environment, including but not limited to health plans, pharmacy benefits management companies, professional pharmacy organizations, academia, pharmaceutical companies, hospitals, and medical groups.
How long can an abstract be?
There is a limit of 500 words or 3,780 characters (including spaces) for the text of the abstract and a table or image. The abstract title and author names are not counted toward this limit.
When will I know if my poster abstract was accepted for presentation?
The first author will be the only person to receive the accept/reject notification via email in mid-June.
Will my abstract (if accepted) be published?
Abstracts for all accepted Professional Posters and Option II Student/Resident/Fellow posters are published in the Journal of Managed Care Pharmacy (JMCP).
Can I withdraw my abstract after the submission deadline and after acceptance?
Yes. To withdraw, please send an email containing the abstract title, and control ID # to firstname.lastname@example.org before August 1, 2013. A “withdrawn” notice will then be placed on the poster board in the poster hall if the request to withdraw is made after the aforementioned date, AMCP cannot ensure removal from the printed Final Program booklet.
What size is the poster board?
The poster board is 4' high x 8' wide. As long as the combined size of your poster materials fit within the 4' high x 8' wide frame, you may tailor the size and format of your materials in any fashion to be conducive to the effectiveness of your presentation. It is recommended that your pieces be laminated.
Whom do I contact if I have a question about poster abstract submission?
Contact Maria Miranda at email@example.com or by calling 703.683.8416 ext. 644.