About AMCP Foundation
The AMCP Foundation, a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, is a research, education and philanthropic organization supporting the Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP). Established in 1990 as the Foundation for Managed Care Pharmacy, the AMCP Foundation was created to support the research and education agenda of AMCP. The Foundation exists to advance collective knowledge and insights on major issues associated with the practice of pharmacy in managed health care settings.
Vision: Comprehensive medication management services are integral to the US health care system and the patients it serves.
Mission: Advance the quality and affordability of our health care system by promoting the application of medication-related research and education.
Funding: AMCP Foundation is funded primarily through educational and research grants from corporations and government agencies and individual contributions.
Financial Data: IRS Tax Category 501(c)(3)
Tax Id#: 22-3107061
Annual Budget: $1,000,000
- Research – Conduct and support innovative research that contributes to the body of evidence responsible for improving the quality of health care delivery and patient health outcomes.
- Education– Conduct and support education on emerging trends related to medication management services that improve patient health outcomes.
- Communications– Enhance identity within and beyond managed care pharmacy.
- Governance– Excellence in leadership and stewardship that ensures growth and development.
- Steven G. Avey Award- This prestigious annual award recognizes professionals who have shown great leadership, vision and dedication to managed care pharmacy. Previous recipients have pioneered many of the practices now firmly established in our profession.
- AMCP Foundation Best Student and Best Resident/Fellow Poster Awards -Presented at the AMCP Annual Meeting to the pharmacy student and resident or fellow who submits the most outstanding poster.